Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1/23/08 jus runnin' . . .

During my first two years of competitive trail running, I took very detailed notes of every run, every cross-training workout, etc. During that time I was living in Brooklyn, NY, so I had my subway ride to Soho to write in my training journal. Having all this information was (and is) very helpful to me. Before a race, I would look back at "the work" and feel assured that I was as ready as I was able to be. However, now I feel less and less the NEED to write everything down. I still time my runs and workouts, and keep tabs on goals . . . I just don't write it all down- nor do I keep each week the same as far as what day is THIS kind of run, or THAT kind of workout. I am jus' runnin'. . . .
I do set lofty goals for myself. Sometimes I hit 'em, and sometimes I am WAY off. I do show up, and I do go for it. That's what I love to do. I am jus' runnin' . . .

1 comment:

seagull junker said...

sawwwweeeet, sounds like you are just runnin' to have fun. and that is why we do this right?

tim, cool. i tried to email you a while back but it bounced back to me. i figured you had already moved. anyway, email me... mbtriley2002@yahoo.com

well waldo will be exciting for the next two years. it will be the 100k TRAIL OPEN AND MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP. so it will be fun to watch the fast folks again.

brother got top ten at states. very cool, M9. i got in this year too. so, it will be fun to toe the line with jeff and enjoy the same adventure that DAY!

congratulations on #2!!!! how exciting!!! way more than any running story.

hope the move was good for you and the family. talk to you soon...

tom